Services & Fees


 9-1-1 Reflective Address Signs

These can be ordered from Bristol Rescue. Call them at:  802-453-2472.  These signs help emergency services find your home.

 Dog Licenses

All residents with a dog or wolf-hybrid over the age of 6 months are required by VT State Law, to license the animal annually with their town clerk.  The fee is $15 for a spayed/neutered dog or $19 for an intact animal. The deadline for licensing your dog is April 1 each year.  After July 1, the fee goes up to $17/neutered and $23/intact. Please mail in, or leave a payment in our drop box at the Town Office, along with a copy of your pet’s current rabies vaccination certificate.  We will mail your dog tags to you.  


 Excess Weight Vehicle Permit

Excess Weight Permits are required for operators of vehicles in excess of the posted weights for Lincoln’s roads and bridges.  These permits cost $5 for a single vehicle, or $10 for a fleet, and they expire each year on March 31.  A valid Certificate of Insurance is required along with the fee.  View the Excess Weight Permit Form.

 Fish & Game Licenses

These are available at the Lincoln General Store or online here with the VT Fish and Wildlife Department.

 Green Mountain Passports

These are available for residents of Vermont over age 62, or Veterans of the uniformed services.  The cost is $2.  The passport offers discounts at State Parks and the Addison County Fair.

 Land Posting

If you post your land against hunting, shooting, fishing, or trapping, State law requires landowners to record this notice annually at the Town Clerk’s Office; the fee is $5. 

 Marriage Licenses

The fee is $80.  Licenses are good for 60 days after the issue date. Contact the Town Clerk to make an appointment to obtain a license.

 Notary Public Services

Notary services are available with the Town Clerk by appointment only.  If you need immediate assistance, try a bank or UPS store.

 Transfer Station

Transfer station stickers are not required at this time (beginning in 2021).  Bring your household trash and recycling to the Transfer Station on Saturdays between 8 am and 1 pm, and pay the attendant a per-bag fee on site.

 Vital Records Copies

We can provide copies of marriage certificates (only if you obtained your marriage license and properly filed it in Lincoln).  We can also provide copies of birth or death certificates that were registered anywhere in the State of Vermont.  A certified copy costs $10 each, and a non-certified copy is $1.  To get a birth or death certificate there is a 2-page application and you must show a valid ID.

 Voter Registration

You may register to vote here if you are a U.S. Citizen, you are 18 years old on or before an election, and your primary residence is Lincoln, VT.  17-year-olds can vote in a primary election if they will be 18 by the date of the general election. 17-year-olds can only vote the primary ballot, but not on other local ballots until they turn 18.  Bring your VT Driver’s License or Social Security # in order to register to vote, if you have one.  Visit online voter registration.