Saturdays: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Transfer Station Attendant: Moose Rubbish and Recycling, Randy Orvis (802) 758-2097
TRANSFER STATION STICKERS REQUIRED
Stickers should be placed on the passenger side, lower corner of windshield.
Stickers allow you to use the Lincoln Transfer Station during Saturday hours: 8a.m. to 1p.m Your first sticker is $15; additional or replacement stickers are $4 each. Stickers expire every year on June 15th. We can recycle glass, paper, cardboard, metal, and plastics #1-#7, but no longer accept plastic bags for recycling. Recyclables must be in open bins. Disposal of tires and appliances require an additional fee, which can be paid for at the transfer station.
- Expiration – June 15th every year
- Cost – $15.00 for the first sticker
- $4.00 for additional stickers in the same household.
- $4.00 for a replacement sticker
Download the transfer station permit form Transfer Permit form for website.
Recyclables do not need to be sorted, but will only be accepted from open bins or clear plastic bags.
Here is a list of what you can recycle:
- #1 – #7 (please flatten milk jugs, etc.)
- Cereal boxes, paper (ie: junk mail, envelopes, catalogs)
- Most cardboard (please break boxes down flat)
- Cans, glass bottles, (no drinking glasses, window panes)
Please rinse out or wash the above items so they don’t draw flies and other insects and rats. Also, our workers have to handle and smell these items!
ADDITIONAL FEE TO DISPOSE OF ITEMS
There is an additional fee to dispose of certain items at the station. You may pay for these at the Transfer Station.
- Car Tires up to 20″ rims – $2.00 each
- Tires over 20″ / No rims- $6.00 each
Anything to go in the metal pile (lawnmowers, etc.) must have all plastics and tires removed and all fluids drained.
TV’s, furniture, toys, and other bulky items may be able to go into the truck. Ask the driver for a price. Hazardous materials, please call the Solid Waste District at (802) 388-2333.
WHAT YOU CAN NOT RECYCLE
- Certain plastics: laundry baskets,large pails or drums, plastic household items, plastic packaging, styrofoam, peanuts or styrene.
- Certain paper: coffee cups, waxed cardboard, very wet, oily, or dirty papers, pizza boxes, beer or soda cartons
- Metal must go into the separate scrap metal pile
- Certain glass types: household glassware, plate glass, mirrors, ceramics
- CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS OF ANY KIND
Due to renewed active enforcement of State regulations, construction/
demolition debris of any kind can no longer be accepted at the Lincoln
FOLLOWING THESE SIMPLE GUIDELINES WILL REALLY HELP!
- Plastic bags are no longer recyclable at the transfer station.
You can bring little plastic shopping bags to Shaw’s to recycle. Bigger bags will need to go in the trash. Please bring your recycling in bins, boxes or a bag that can be emptied into the large bin.
- Please wash out your recyclables.
The crew cannot accept jars with peanut butter still at the bottom, laundry detergent bottles that are dripping soap, etc. If your recyclables are brought in dirty, you will be asked to take them home with you and bring them back clean next week. Simply rinse everything out before you come.
- Nothing that has or ever had a cord can be accepted for the metal bin.
This includes small appliances, computers, etc. Ask the driver if what you want to get rid of can go in the truck. If you have any doubts or if the item contains hazardous materials, please call the Solid Waste District at 388-2333.
- We all like to chat it up with our neighbors at the Transfer Station, especially as Town Meeting approaches. If you want to talk for more than just a minute, please move your car to the other side of the metal bin and stay as long as you want. Sometimes folks get parked in and may be too polite to interrupt your conversation to ask you to move your car so they can get on with their day.