IMPORTANT HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19:
LINCOLN TRANSFER STATION: The transfer station is considered an essential service and it remains open during the Governor’s declared state of emergency. We ask you to adhere to our new safety guidelines:
- Please wear a mask if you have one, when you come to the transfer station, to protect the health of both you and our attendants.
- Please arrive with all of your trash in a bag. (No more dumping of loose barrels of trash.) Place your own bag in the RED trailer or ask one of the attendants if you need help.
- Please dump your own recycling into the BLUE trailer, or ask an attendant if you need help.
- Please bring exact change or a check to pay for your trash disposal. Checks should be made out to “Moose Rubbish and Recycling”. It costs $6 for a large contractor bag. There is a bucket to drop your payment into.
- Please be considerate of all people you encounter at the transfer station and keep 6 feet of distance between you. Thank you for your patience, and say thank you to our essential workers too!
- Questions about trash disposal at the Lincoln Transfer Station should be directed to Randy Orvis at 802-897-5637.
TOWN OFFICE HOURS: Town employees are working from home as much as possible due to the Governor’s stay at home order. Telephone calls are being forwarded to the Town Clerk at home and we are happy to try to do business with you remotely as much as possible. Title searches are not available for in-person research at this time. Small amounts of records retrieval may be possible, however. Please email your requests for information to the Town Clerk and you will be invited back into the office when it is safe to do so.
ZONING ADMINISTRATOR: Bob Hall, can be reached at home. His number is 802-453-2440.
ROAD CREW: Our crew is on limited duty, and some road construction projects will be delayed due to the COVID-19 state of emergency.
DOG LICENSES: Vermont’s deadline for licensing your dog is April 1. If your dog’s rabies vaccination is up to date, please mail or leave a payment in our drop box at the town office. If your dog has not been previously registered in Lincoln, or if it has received an updated rabies vaccination in the past year, please include a copy of the current rabies certificate from your veterinarian. We will mail your tags to you. The fee is $15 for a spayed or neutered dog and $19 for an intact dog. The late fees have been relaxed this year due to COVID-19. Just for this year, on July 1, 2020, the dog license fee goes up to $17 for spayed/neutered and to $23/intact dogs. If your dog’s vaccination has expired, please bring us an updated rabies certificate as soon as you are able to schedule a vet visit.
ELECTIONS: Our elections might be managed differently this year, due to COVID-19. The VT Secretary of State Elections Division is working on developing a plan, and we will keep you posted about any changes. I have been told that we may need to recruit more assistant election officials to help out. If you are interested in being on a list of potential election workers, please email: email@example.com. Include your name, phone number, and email address. Thank you!