IMPORTANT HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19:
LINCOLN TRANSFER STATION: The transfer station is considered an essential service and it remains open during the Governor’s declared state of emergency. We ask you to adhere to our new safety guidelines:
- Please wear a mask if you have one, when you come to the transfer station, to protect the health of both you and our attendants.
- Please arrive with all of your trash in a bag. (No more dumping of loose barrels of trash.) Place your own bag in the RED trailer or ask one of the attendants if you need help.
- Please dump your own recycling into the BLUE trailer, or ask an attendant if you need help.
- Please bring exact change or a check to pay for your trash disposal. Checks should be made out to “Moose Rubbish and Recycling”. It costs $6 for a large contractor bag. There is a bucket to drop your payment into.
- Please be considerate of all people you encounter at the transfer station and keep 6 feet of distance between you. Thank you for your patience, and say thank you to our essential workers too!
- Questions about trash disposal at the Lincoln Transfer Station should be directed to Randy Orvis at 802-897-5637.
TOWN OFFICE HOURS: The Town Office is open by appointment for records research. Our hours are irregular due to the pandemic. Please email or call the town clerk at email@example.com to make a record request, or to schedule an appointment. We are trying to assist people remotely as much as possible, and you may be able to find some of our most recent land records documents on the US Land Records website: https://www.uslandrecords.com/uslr/UslrApp/index.jsp We have been working on a large records digitization project and hope to upload more information on the US Land Records website as soon as possible.
TAX PAYMENTS: may be submitted by mail or in our secure drop box outside the office door. No cash please. The deadline for the second installment is March 10, 2021.
ZONING ADMINISTRATOR: Our interim Zoning Administrator is Will Sipsey. Email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the town office at (802)453-2980. Applications and payments may be submitted by mail or in our secure drop box outside the office.
ROAD CREW: Our crew is on duty but some road construction projects may be delayed due to the COVID-19 state of emergency.
DOG LICENSES: Vermont’s deadline for licensing your dog is April 1. If your dog’s rabies vaccination is up to date, please mail or leave a payment in our drop box at the town office. If your dog has not been previously registered in Lincoln, or if it has received an updated rabies vaccination in the past year, please include a copy of the current rabies certificate from your veterinarian. We will mail your tags to you. The fee is $15 for a spayed or neutered dog and $19 for an intact dog. Late fees are added on April 1.
ELECTIONS and TOWN MEETING: There will be no in-person Town Meeting in 2021, due to COVID-19. Our election will be on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at BURNHAM HALL. Polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Read your town report and pay attention to changes. Voters are encouraged to request absentee ballots right away for the Town Meeting election.